On March 30th, my sweet friend and college roommate, Becky Chapman, lost her dad to brain cancer. She organized a team to walk in Duke's Angels Among Us brain cancer walk. The theme at Duke is "at Duke. . . there is HOPE," so Becky named her team "Helton's HOPE. " She put it this way, "Not only do we think of the HOPE we have in Christ, but we think of the ministry program Dad created – H.O.P.E. - Hanging Out Personal Evangelism. This was based on his many years of just “hangin’ out” with people to get to know them personally, so that he may then be able to share the gospel."
SO, Abbie and I decided to join her team. Becky and her family are very special to me and I wanted to do as much as I could to support them. Plus, it raises money for brain cancer research at Duke Hospital. It was a beautiful day and we had such a good time. Abbie worked really hard at riding in the stroller and sleeping through most of the walk, while I sweated my butt off. (wait. . . that might actually be a good thing)
Thanks, Becky, for letting us join your group!!!
Hanging out before the walk.

Post diaper change and pre-nap. Note Abbie's super cool onesie: "Lick Cancer."

Me, Becky, and her husband Rob after the walk.
3 comments:
Awww! I made your blog!! I feel so special. : )
Thanks for joining us on Saturday. We were so glad you and Abbie were there. You are special to us, too!
We'll lhave to get Abbie and Ella together for some playdates soon...maybe this summer!!
Love, Beck
What's funny is we were both Marching on the same day! Mine was for March for Babies! Woo hoo! Great minds!
I love Abbie's shirt. Good work Abs.
Post a Comment