Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

At the hospital--Part 2



Pre-baby and post-baby! :-)

At 6am on Tuesday, October 16th, the doctors started me on Pitocin, which induces labor. At 2pm, they broke my water and that's when "active" labor started. After about 10 hours of active labor, they checked my progression and I had gotten an infection, had a fever, and Abbie's heartrate had gone up. That's when they decided to do a C-section. We were scared because that was the LAST thing I wanted to do. You know, major surgery and all. But, all went well. She proved to be gianormous, 9 pounds and 6 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long. Check her out!



3 comments:

John & Alison said...

Nice pic of your guts. Welcome Abbie.

Lane and Christian said...

She had to be a whopper to fit all that perfection in!!!!!!!!!!

Christi Scholl said...

Congrats! She is precious and I can't wait to meet her!!